Thursday, November 12, 2015

Story Start Maybe?

So... Uh... Washin' dishes and this happened.

Walking.
Walking on and on. Walking upon the ashes that remain. Walking until scarlet stains the sky.
I probably would have forgotten by now, if I didn’t make myself repeat it before bed. No matter where I slept, how I slept, or anything else, I said before I fell into sleep so I’d never forget.
“My name is Riley Emilia Morrison. I am 14. I was born on August 16, three years before the war. My mother was Tina Morrison, my father was Tobias Morrison.”
I would’ve forgotten my age, but I don’t. I repeat the days in my head, and add one more year onto my age when the day comes.
If I forgot my name I would probably have called myself ‘Wanderer’. But I don’t. I repeat it before bed.
And then, after I wake up, I repeat. And continue my walk.
Walking on and on.  Walking upon the ashes that remain. Walking until scarlet stains the sky.

Walking.


Story start maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment