Friday, October 21, 2016

Beautiful Books {1}

Well, since Jaylee Morgan tagged me, I must do! Be sure to check out the link at the end to submit your own stories!

The book I'm doing is Operation; Sweets, since I need to get around to writing it.

  1. What inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
The thing that inspired Operation; Sweets was actually the cover of a random book on wattpad. It was of a girl who loved candy, so I thought 'what if [all good things start with 'what if'] there was a clean romance book about a super hyper girl who loved sweets, who tried to be best friends with a guy who's the opposite of her except for the fact that he also loves sweets'. The story's bred from there. I have had the idea for... around 2 or 3 years (SHEESH, DAWN!).

2. Describe what your novel is about!
Jess is a sweet, fun loving girl who only wants to make friends with everyone (and eat candy). When a new kid comes to her tiny high school in the tiny town of Boresville (Boar-ES-ville) she wants to instantly be friends with him. He's quiet, scary smart, and likes candy. That's all she knows about him. He won't let her know anything else. But when she becomes his friend and begins to discover who he really is and what he's been through, she finds the hard choices between friendship, help, pity, love, and all those other darn emotions no one wants to deal with.

3. What is your book’s aesthetic? Use words or photos or whatever you like!
[*looks up word*] Ehh...
Uh...
Image result for candyImage result for happy personImage result for semicolon tattooImage result for cutting black and white

4. Introduce us to each of your characters!
Alrighty! We've got; Seth- the second main character, the one who needs help. Jess- the main character, always there for everyone. Tiaz- Jess's annoying jerkweasel as a younger brother. Brooks, Chloe, Zachary- the friends always helping her out of and into trouble. And Eureka!- Jess's pet gecko. 

How do you prepare to write? (Outline, research, stocking up on chocolate, howling, etc.?)
I get a cup of coffee and my pair of earbuds, and I just sit down and write. Either on paper or on the computer. I just pour out my heart and soul while I pour in coffee. I HATE outlining, and I only research when I must.

What are you most looking forward to about this novel?
The fact that I get to play with so many emotions and characters I don't often get to. And I actually get to write it. And Eureka!.

List 3 things about your novel’s setting.
It's in a small town in Ohio. It varies between, like, her high school and her home. She knows everyone in her setting.

What’s your character’s goal and who (or what) stands in the way?
Jess's goal is to make Seth's life better, and to make him happy. His coldness, her awkwardness, and all of his problems- ones she can't solve- are all things that stand in her way.

How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
She understands that people are more than what they appear, and she learns how to deal with unexpected feelings.

What are your book’s themes? How do you want readers to feel when the story is over?
Bahumbug on themes. It'll come out when I'm done.
I want readers to have cried, to have laughed, and at the end, I want them to just be washed over with happiness and relief. 


LINK!

ENJOY!

1 comment: