Tuesday, November 22, 2016

RANT: James Patterson and Writing Girls

Alright, so James Patterson (Maximum Ride, Daniel X, Confessions) is one of my favorite
authors, but his female main characters sorta make me mad sometimes.
Okay! So some girls are whiny, some are sporty, some are sarcastic, some are strong, and some are derps. Well, ALL of Patterson’s main girls are strong, sarcastic, hard, and not-boy crazy. Yes, I understand he’s trying to write to where the guys can read it as well (*cough*messeduponthesecondhalfofMaximumRidethereman*cough*), but their personalities are all the same!
So, I’m not one of those omg he’s such a jerk girls who rip the Nintendo guy’s head off for saying “girls are like cats. They talk to you, great. You talk to them, disaster.” (I mean, it’s true), but I will say that having all his main female characters the same is a little frustrating.
Like, I only know two people who have the same personality as them. You can have a girly or guy crazy girl and guys will still enjoy it. *Grabs brother* I have scientific evidence!
So, yeah. If you’re writing about girls, have their personalities different. Have the main characters different. Like, I have a quiet girl, an over enthusiastic girl, and an introvert. All different.
I am in no way saying “ACK DONT READ JAMES PATTSFON HESA MEANIEZ!” I’m not saying that. I’m just saying, he needs to get different main characters.
Do you want to see more posts from me? Make sure you follow my blog! Any questions or comments? Drop one below!
Love you!
Dawn Dagger

Song of the Day: Be My Escape by Relient K
Make sure you follow my blog for more awesome blog posts!

Make sure you follow Jaylee Morgan for awesome blogs too!
Follow me on Wattpad and Youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment