Tuesday, November 8, 2016

RANT: The Walking Dead and it's Shipping

Alright, so, if you know me, I’m a sucker for The Walking Dead (so is my good friend, Jaylee Morgan).  I have five Walking Dead posters (most of them with Daryl on it, :3), a Walking Dead Lego set, multiple Walking Dead fanfictions, and I’m still trying to get a shirt. OH! And I got this.
Well, okay. I’ve been watching Walking Dead since about season 3 came out (my parents then dragged me kicking and screaming into watching the first two episodes, and from then on I became the human embodiment of zombie obsession), and have been waiting and watching since.
Walking Dead’s priority when it comes to shipping is ALL outa whack.
I have shipped Daryl and Carol since SEASON ONE! SIX SEASONS! It’s clear they like each other! I don’t even need to have shipped Gleggie (GlennXMaggie), because it was like ‘ALRIGHT! WE’RE A COUPLE!’. I shipped Richonne (Rick and Michonne) for only a couple episodes and then suddenly-
‘WE’RE A COUPLE, THANKS FOR APPROVING CARL!’
But the ship since the beginning of the show, does that become a thing? NO. No, Carol gets kissed by a freaking recycling bin full of used and discarded toes!!! (Ehem, brother’s joke. Tobin, a bin of recycled toes.
Unless…
Unless it isn’t pronounced Toebin, and it’s pronounced  TAWbin.
Um…)
Yeah, now everyone wants Toebin dead. Huffington Post calls it his ‘kiss of death’. I hope he dies soon. And then Carol will realize how much she actually loves Daryl and how she can’t live without him.
Yeah.
And about Bethyl (BethXDaryl). I can understand it, but she’s a little young compared to him (I’m one to be talking). I think their relationship was more of a sister/brother thing than a lover thing. She made Daryl feel, made him care, made him feel like he was an important and responsible human being. Daryl, in return, provided protection, and a smile, and listening ear, and someone who understood.
Yeah.

I think I’m done. ;P

Make sure you follow my blog for more awesome blog posts!
Make sure you follow Jaylee Morgan for awesome blogs too!
Follow me on Wattpad and Youtube!

1 comment:

  1. *pronounces Gleggie and falls over giggling*

    Carol and Daryl SOO should have gotten together before Rick and Michonne. I can't wait for Toebin to die and Daryl to finally make his move. Grrr. Daryl, man! Poor Carl. Didn't even get a say. :P

    *pronounces Gleggie again. More giggling.*

    ReplyDelete