Friday, August 12, 2016

Wisteria's Writer's Challenge

Hey, guys! I've honestly missed doing these (omg, Deviantart, there were so many), so thank Jaylee Morgan for reposting this challenge and nominating everyone who wants to do it! :D

Rules for this challenge:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
  2. Answer the ten questions given
  3. Add to questions you thought of
  4. They have to be book or novel related
  5. Nominate up to ten people

  1. Who is your favorite author? Why?
Tui T. Sutherland. And a lot of others. Mostly her because she writes in a very understandable, emotional way you can relate to, even when the character is a dragon or griffin. She even makes you feel bad for the kraken! She has a gripping way of writing, and her description is just enough. Her plots are well thought out and developed, and you just want to read her books.

2. Do you listen to music while you write?
YES! It depends on what I'm writing, but sometimes the music helps. Mostly it's to fill in the background so I can focus on what I'm writing.
3. If so, what's your favorite?
Instrumental music is great, so are soundtracks, and I like all types of music except rap and country. My favorite is probably... Indie.
4. Why do you like to write?
I like to write because it's the only thing I'm actually good at. I love it because it helps me be more than one person, helps me escape, and it just fills that little bit of me that needs filled.
5. Who's your favorite characters out of your stories? Why?
Oh, sheesh. *blows out breath* Brooks from My British Bear because he's an adorable fluff ball who cares about everyone and everything. Zachary from Duct Tape Fixes Everything because he's a dork and hilarious. Keiko from I am Ombre; because he's so sarcastic and funny and dorkish. Ombre from I am Ombre because she's such a deep character, she's all the bravery I'm not, and she's just fun. Grace from I am Ombre because everything she does is for everyone else. Hmm... A ton of other characters.
6. Do you plan on publishing or do you write for fun?
YES! I've already sent in Shadow to, like, 30 agents in the last year and a half. 
7. What's your favorite books?
Forget this. *throws my life out the window* Percy Jackson, Pegasus, Legend, Mark of the Thief, Inkheart, False Prince, Throne of Glass, Redwall, Magnus Chase, Nancy Drew, Dragon Spell, Narnia, Warriors, Babymouse, Hunger Games, Left Behind the Kids, Maximum Ride, Unicorns of Balinore, Misery Loves Company... yeah, I'm done. So many.
8. Do TV shows and movies influence your writing?
Yes! All the time! I'll like a character, or design, or plot twist and try to use it in my own unique way.
9.  Do you enter writing contests?
When I can find them? All the time!
10. Do you like writing your blog or a story better?
S T O R Y.


Alright! My ten questions!!!
1. Favorite book you've written (can be incompleted)? Why?
2. How many times do you think about your books in a day?
3. Does a song make you want to write a story?
4. Have you ever taken a character from a book/movie and made it your own?
5. Do you often share your books with others?
6. Short stories or novels?
7. What's your favorite genre to read?
8. What's your favorite genre to write?
9. Are animals big in your stories?
10. What about myths/mythological creatures? (i.e. Griffins, unicorns, greek mythology)

Nominations: Well, I don't know anyone with a blog, really, so Sophia, Jaylee Morgan, and anyone else who wants to do it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment